Giovanni Guerrini (1887 – 1972) was born in Imola on May 29, 1887. From 1902 to 1905 he attended the School of Design T.Minardi Faenza and in 1913 obtained the qualification to teach drawing at the Academy of Fine Arts in Bologna. In 1915 he was professor of Architecture and Decorative Painting at the Academy of Fine Arts in Ravenna. Since 1916 she has an intense and eclectic artistic activities and participated in Biennials of Art in Venice. In 1929 he left teaching in Ravenna and was appointed for the organization of the major European and world exhibitions. In 1937 he won (with Ernesto Bruno and Mario Romano) the competition for the Palace of Italian Civilization in Rome. In 1961 he was appointed Director of the State Institute of Art. He died in Rome March 20, 1972.